Ruminant Technical Manager
- Location: Marlborough, UK
- Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 27 Jun 2019
Role & Key Responsibilities
An opportunity to join AB Vista's expanding Global Ruminant Business. Acting as a crucial link between R&D and the commercial environment, the successful candidate will get the opportunity to work on an innovative portfolio of products and services, supporting key strategic regions in translating R&D projects into commercially relevant communications to help deliver value to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Work alongside global R&D and commercial colleagues to develop and evaluate relevant technical and commercial ruminant trials.
• Educate internal technical and commercial teams on key subjects related to ruminant nutrition and AB Vista product/service offering.
• Provide remote and field technical support to commercial teams in key regions.
• Monitor, analyse and evaluate ruminant trends, consumer behaviour, and competitor activity to identify market opportunities and deliver competitor analysis.
• Develop key messages from ruminant trials and research papers and use these to produce technical information that can be used by commercial teams with key customers.
• Work with marketing colleagues to develop external materials including articles, white papers and presentations, to support our ruminant products and services.
• Ensure all ruminant activity complies with regulations and standards to protect and enhance our reputation.
• Build strong relationships with Technical managers in EMEA, ASPAC and Americas to understand their requirements and work together to develop relevant ruminant information and services.
• Build strong relationships with Global Technical Services to share requirements and work together to develop relevant ruminant services.
• Build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders in production, quality, regulatory, sales, marketing, R&D and key customers to deliver results.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of statistical analysis, combined with background expertise in ruminant nutrition, being able to show that they can utilise these skills in a commercial environment.
• PhD (preferable) or Masters in ruminant nutrition or related subject area.
• Track record of taking R&D work and translating it into relevant commercial information to influence business performance.
• Experience of customer and market dynamics and requirements in a commercial environment such as feed or feed additives, or ruminant health in pharmaceuticals or healthcare.
• Fluent written and spoken English
Able to travel on a planned basis to all regions.
About The Company
AB Vista is an animal nutrition technology business offering pioneering products and technical services to the global animal feed industry. Headquartered in the UK, the company employs 190 people across a worldwide network of offices and laboratories. AB Vista is part of AB Agri, an animal nutrition and agricultural services business, part of Associated British Foods plc. For more information please go to www.abvista.com.